The oil that comes out of almonds is more beneficial than the health benefits of almonds. Almond oil has been used for centuries in Ayurveda for face and skin related problems. There is also evidence of the use of almond oil in ancient China. The benefits of applying almonds on your face are so many that they have always been used to cure various skin problems. Along with reaping the benefits of eating almonds (Benefits of Almond Oil on Face), you can also take care of your skin by including almond oil in your routine.
Properties of Almond oil
Almond oil has many properties. This oil is rich in Vitamin A, E, D, Calcium, Potassium, Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Phosphorous and Omega 3 fatty acids. Vitamin A, E and Omega 3 fatty acids in it prevent damage to skin cells, help in the formation of new cells and control the process of skin aging. Omega 3 fatty acids also protect the skin from sun damage. The zinc nail present in them gives relief from acne and also reduces facial blemishes. Sweet almond oil extracted by cold pressing is called Almond Rogan.
Benefits of Applying Almond Oil on Face
1. Dark Circles and Puffiness
2. Relief from Sun Damage
3. Brighten the complexion
5. Cleans the skin
6. Hydrates dry skin
What are The Benefits of Almond Oil for Skin
1. Dark Circles and Puffiness – Almond oil helps in controlling dark circles and puffiness around the eyes. Almond oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help it reduce puffiness in the eyes.
2. Relieves Sun Damage – The antioxidants and zinc present in almond oil protect the skin from sun damage.
3. Brightens the complexion – Regular use of almond oil helps to lighten the skin spots and evens the skin tone and the skin tone starts to glow.
4. Wrinkle Free Skin – Omega 3 fatty acids present in almond oil prevent the signs of premature aging on the skin. With regular use, the fine lines, wrinkles, etc. appearing on the skin start getting lighter.
5. Cleans the skin – To remove makeup, if you use almond oil in cotton as a make-up remover, then it is able to remove every particle of makeup from the skin. It cleans the skin and gives glow to the face. Almond oil is present in many makeup products and makeup removers.
6. Moisturizes dry skin – People who have dry skin can make the skin soft and supple by applying almond oil regularly.
How to Apply Almond Oil on Face
There are many ways to apply almond oil on the face. You can apply it by mixing it with some other oil or use it as a moisturizer by massaging it directly on the face. You can massage it on the face before sleeping at night.
With Essential Oil
Using almond oil as a cleanser, add two drops of any essential oil that meets the needs of your skin. Apply it on wet face and wash off after some time. Along with giving a soft look to the skin, it will relax and clean the skin.
For Fine Lines
To moisturize the skin, massage the face with almond oil for 10-12 minutes. Apply it on the lips and on the lashes as well. Let it stay overnight. Wash face in the morning. This is especially good for dry skin.
To exfoliate the skin, mix almond oil in 1 to 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and massage it on the face and neck. Wash off with water after 3 to 5 minutes. Do this 2 times a week.
Mask for Blemishes
Mix enough turmeric in 2 tbsp of almond oil that a smooth paste is prepared. Apply it on the face like a mask and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash face with water. By applying this mask twice a week, the acne scars will start reducing gradually.
Mask for Dry Skin
Mix almond oil in mashed banana and apply this mixture on the face as a pack. Bananas are rich in potassium and potassium works to hydrate the skin.
For Skin Lightening
Mixing lemon juice in almond oil and applying it on the face clears the skin tone. For this, mix both the things in equal quantity and apply on the face and neck and after 15 to 20 minutes wash the face with lukewarm water.
Almond Oil for Skin Whitening
Mash 2 to 3 strawberries and mix almond oil in it. Apply it on the face and neck, leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then massage for a few minutes. Wash the face with normal water. Strawberries contain vitamin C and folic acid, both of which help in clearing the skin tone.
- How to Keep Stomach Cool – Home Remedies to Keep Stomach Cool
- Apply These Things on The Face in Summer
- Nail Disease Treatment – Symptoms, Types and Home Remedies
Almond oil is beneficial for the face in many ways. The benefits of almond oil rich in antioxidants are so many for the face that they have been used in many cosmetic products as well. It is very easy to include them in the beauty routine even at home. However, people who are allergic to any kind of nuts, they should consult a doctor before applying almond oil on the face and must do a patch test.