On hearing the name of gourd, many people will definitely make a strange mouth, but everyone is going to be surprised to know about its benefits. Yes, gourd makes our body healthy not only from inside but also from outside. If you do not like the vegetable of gourd, then try its juice, because about 96% percent water and nutrient-rich gourd juice maintains the necessary moisture in the body. Know here today how and what benefits of bottle gourd juice gives to the body.
Gourd Juice Properties
Gourd benefits the body in every season. The reason for this is the many properties found in it. You also know here what special properties are present in gourd.
- Vitamin C, B, K and calcium are found in abundance in bottle gourd.
- Gourd contains up to 96% water. Due to its use, the skin does not become dry due to lack of moisture even in summer.
- Gourd is also rich in zinc, magnesium and dietary fiber.
- Fat and cholesterol in bottle gourd is very less.
- The amount of sodium and potassium in bottle gourd is also very good.
Benefits of Bottle Gourd Juice – Lauki Juice Benefits
There are many benefits of vitamins and minerals present in bottle gourd, some of which are being told here.
Beneficial for Stomach
Bottle gourd juice helps in curing constipation, acidity and poor digestion power. Due to the abundance of water, regular use of bottle gourd helps in clearing the stomach easily in the morning. Not only this, drinking bottle gourd juice by adding salt is beneficial in many problems caused by lack of water in the body.
Hunger is Balanced
The water present in bottle gourd keeps the stomach full and does not feel hungry again and again.
Burning During Urination
Bottle gourd juice also provides relief from burning sensation during urination. You will gradually see the benefits of its regular consumption. Just add a little lemon juice to the gourd juice and drink it daily.
Protect liver from Disease
Eating too much oil and spices damages the liver, but daily consumption of bottle gourd juice can cure liver-related problems. Antioxidants and vitamin C present in bottle gourd reduce problems like inflammation or pain in the liver, indigestion.
keep Heart Healthy
Bottle gourd juice helps in keeping the blood cholesterol level low and keeps the heart healthy.
Reduce Stress and Sleep Better
If you are stressed throughout the day and cannot sleep at night, then definitely drink bottle gourd juice daily.
Reduce Body Heat
Due to the presence of 96 percent water in bottle gourd juice, drinking it also keeps coolness in the stomach. Also, there is no shortage of water in the body and body-heat is protected in summer. Daily consumption of its juice keeps you cool even in summer.
Protect Against Epilepsy
Many people have epilepsy problems. They should drink bottle gourd juice every morning on an empty stomach.
Reduce High Blood Pressure
Potassium is found in high amounts in bottle gourd juice, which helps in reducing blood pressure.
Is Beneficial in Jaundice
During jaundice or jaundice, doctors also recommend eating bottle gourd, because it gives the body plenty of vitamins and proteins and is very easily digested.
Best for Diabetic Patients
The low glycemic index present in bottle gourd juice prevents sudden increase or decrease in blood sugar, thereby providing relief to patients suffering from diabetes.
Detox The Body
Nowadays, there are many products available in the market to detox the body, but gourd juice can do this job very easily for you. Just consume it regularly.
Get rid of Bad Breath
Bottle gourd juice prevents dehydration in the body, maintains the balance of essential moisture, strengthens the immune system and controls the frequent indefatigable hunger, which keeps the breath fresh and removes bad breath.
Reduce Body Pain
One of the many benefits of bottle gourd juice is that it provides relief in the pain of the body, especially the muscles.
Make Immune System Strong
If you fall sick again and again, then start drinking bottle gourd juice daily. The antioxidant compounds present in it, such as polyphenols and phytonutrients, protect you from diseases by boosting immunity.
How to Make Gourd Juice – Lauki Juice Recipe
If you want full benefits of bottle gourd juice, then make it and drink it every morning at home. Homemade clean and fresh juice will prove to be very beneficial for your body.
Ingredients for Making a Glass of Bottle Gourd juice –
- Half gourd
- Five to six mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- Half a lemon
- Pinch black pepper
- Half a glass of water
Step 1 – Peel and wash the bottle gourd and cut it into small pieces.
Step 2 – Mix bottle gourd pieces, water and mint leaves in a mixer jar.
Step 3 – After mixing it well, filter this juice. If you find the juice thick, then add half a cup of water to it and mix it again and filter it.
Step 4 – Now finally drink the juice mixed with black pepper powder, salt and lemon juice as per taste.
Step 5 – Taste the bottle gourd before making juice. It should not be bitter.
Benefits of Bottle Gourd juice for Skin
You have read about the health benefits of bottle gourd juice above. Now here’s how this juice keeps your skin healthy.
- Gourd juice purifies the blood, so that there are no acne and pimples on the face.
- Be it any skin type, continuous consumption of bottle gourd juice keeps the face fresh and glowing.
- Mix cucumber juice, curd and gram flour in bottle gourd and apply it on the face. Wash the face thoroughly after keeping it for 20 minutes. This will make your face look blossoming.
- If you are troubled by oily skin, then mix tomato juice with gourd juice and apply it on the face and wash it after some time. This will clean the excess oil on the face.
- If you are troubled by premature facial wrinkles, then drink bottle gourd juice. This will reduce the wrinkles on your face.
Benefits of Bottle Gourd juice for Hair – Gourd Juice for Hair
Bottle gourd juice is not only beneficial for the skin but also for the hair as well. If you do not believe then read this.
- If you are troubled by gray or white hair, then drink bottle gourd juice daily. You will get the benefit soon. Make a paste by mixing amla powder and olive oil in bottle gourd juice.
- Once a week, keep it on the head for two hours. Then shampoo and conditioner.
- This will make the hair thick.
- If you are troubled by dandruff, then mix gourd juice with gourd juice and massage the scalp. After an hour wash your head with your regular shampoo. The benefits will start coming in a few days.
- If you are troubled by hair fall, mix bottle gourd juice in sesame oil and massage it on the scalp.
- Bottle gourd juice also helps in hair growth. The vitamins E and C present in it promote hair growth.
Bottle Gourd Juice Available in The Market
Although you will find fresh gourd juice in almost all juice shops, but if you do not find this juice in the market and do not have time to make it at home, then you can buy gourd juice from these brands.
1. Mountain Glen Ash Gourd Juice, priced at Rs.150.
2. Health it Natural Bottle Gourd Powder, you can add water to it and drink it. You can also carry this packet during travel. Its price is Rs.218.
3. Afflatus Lauki Ayurvedic Ras with Basil, priced at Rs.160.
4. Patanjali Juice – Lauki & Amla, its price is Rs.100.
5. Jeevan Ras Loki Swaras, priced at Rs.325.
- 5 Food Items to Keep Liver Clean and Healthy
- How to Get Flat Belly: Try These 5 Detox Drinks Today
- To Stay Fit like Shilpa Shetty Do Not Follow These Dieting Myths For Weight Loss
- How to Control Diabetes
FAQ’s about Bottle Gourd Juice
Q1. The right way to drink bottle gourd juice?
Ans: Always drink bottle gourd juice on an empty stomach. Morning time is best for this. If you want to drink in the evening, then do not eat anything for an hour before this juice.
Q2. Will just drinking bottle gourd juice help you lose weight?
Ans: Drinking bottle gourd juice alone does not reduce weight. You have to exercise along with it. Along with this, drink bottle gourd juice every morning on an empty stomach.
Q3. Do not like to drink bottle gourd juice, but want its benefits, what to do?
Ans: If you do not like to drink bottle gourd juice, then boil it in a small amount or eat it after adding a little salt and pepper, cook it lightly. If you do not like this too, then you can eat it by making gourd raita. To make raita, beat the curd well. Mash the boiled gourd in it and mix it. Then add salt and pepper to it. If you want, you can also add cumin seeds to enhance its taste.
Q4. Are bottle gourd juices available in the market beneficial?
Ans: It will be more beneficial if you drink only fresh juice of bottle gourd.
Q5. Should you drink bottle gourd juice daily?
Ans: Yes, you can drink a limited amount of bottle gourd juice daily.
Q6. Can you drink bottle gourd juice mixed with any other juice?
Ans: It is better that you do not drink bottle gourd mixed with any other juice. You may feel a burning sensation in your stomach.
Q7. Does drinking bottle gourd juice cause vomiting?
Ans: This is because the gourd juice is not fresh or the gourd will be bitter. If despite this not happening, if you vomit after drinking it, then definitely consult your doctor at once.
Q8. Can you eat raw gourd?
Ans: If you want to eat raw gourd, then eat at most one or two pieces of fresh gourd. Avoid doing this in case of slightest problem, as many people are unable to digest raw gourd. Such people use it only after boiling it lightly.