There is no doubt that there is nothing better for a baby than mother’s milk. The first responsibility of a mother after delivery is to feed the baby. But, sometimes a mother is unable to feed her baby due to some serious problem. At the same time, in some cases, mother’s milk is not enough for the baby. In such a situation, it is advisable to give formula milk (upper milk) to the baby. But what is better in breast milk or formula milk for the baby, first know this.
Many parents may be confused about feeding their baby. How safe is formula milk for their babies, whether the growth of the child will not be affected by it, these questions are in the mind of most parents. This is the reason why today we are sharing some information regarding all your questions related to breast milk and formula milk.
Breast Milk or Formula Milk: Which Milk is Better for Baby
A mother has to take many decisions after giving birth to a child. One of it is whether she wants to breastfeed the baby or give upper milk. This decision is entirely a mother’s. However, according to experts, breastfeeding is good for the health of both mother and baby. Doctors recommend exclusively breast-feeding your baby for six months. Let us know about the benefits of breastfeeding further in the article.
Benefits of Breastfeeding
Below are the benefits of breast milk for baby:
- Mother’s milk contains all the nutrients that are necessary for the growth and healthy development of the baby.
- Antibodies present in breastmilk protect babies from getting sick.
- Mother’s milk is helpful in protecting the baby from allergies, eczema, ear infections and stomach related problems.
- Breast milk also helps in brain development.
- Children who breastfeed have a lower risk of developing obesity and diabetes.
- Mother’s milk is easily digested by the baby.
- Breast milk reduces the risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).
- Breastfeeding women have a lower risk of ovarian cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, heart disease, breast cancer, etc.
- Breastfeeding also makes it easier for mothers to lose post pregnancy weight.
Can Formula Milk Cause any Harm to The Baby?
Formula milk is given to babies as a substitute for breast milk. Formula milk is recommended for women whose breasts do not produce enough milk. Keeps babies healthy by fulfilling the dietary requirement of babies.
However, according to experts, formula milk does not contain the immunity-boosting elements present in breast milk. Also, breast milk is easier for a baby to digest than formula milk. Sometimes formula milk can cause constipation and gas problems in the baby.
Can I give My Baby Both Breast Milk and Formula Milk?
Doctors recommend exclusively breastfeeding for the first six months after the birth of the baby. The best nutrition for the baby can be obtained from mother’s milk only. Feeding your baby with formula milk in the first six months can hinder breastfeeding. This can also lead to a decrease in breast milk. However, some women give their baby formula milk to drink after a thorough feeding.
- Benefits of Vitamin C in Skin Care during Pregnancy
- Foaming HandWash for kids
- Facial Oil or Serum during Pregnancy
After reading this article, you must have come to know very well what is better in breast milk and formula milk for baby. So, if you feel the need to give formula milk to your baby, then do consult your pediatrician once regarding the quantity. However, we recommend that you give only breastmilk to your baby for the first six months.