Facial Oil or Serum during Pregnancy: There is no dearth of products in the market for facial treatment. In the competition to keep the skin beautiful, pregnant women easily rely on any product. Moisturizers, sunscreens, facial oils, and serums are all essential to keeping facial skin supple, but applying anything without testing your own skin can be risky.
In this article, we are going to tell you about facial oil and serum for the time being. There is a lot of confusion in the minds of many pregnant women regarding these two beauty products.
According to your skin, you need facial oil or serum or both of these products, you will know about it in detail in this article. Also, how to choose facial oil and serum and how to apply it on the face, will give information about all these things.
Facial Oil or Serum during Pregnancy
Both facial oil and serum are needed for the skin care of pregnant women. This is because the work of both is different. On the one hand, facial oil nourishes and hydrates the skin. At the same time, the serum works to repair the skin.
Considering the need of the skin, both serum and facial oil can be considered essential to pamper the skin of pregnant women. Provided that the products you are choosing are pregnancy safe or not. No serum or facial oil can be used during pregnancy.
Pregnant women should always opt for dermatologist tested organic serums and facial oils. Chemical-containing serums can prove to be harmful to both the pregnant and the fetus. What is the difference between facial oil and serum, we will know in detail about this further in the article.
Difference Between Facial Oil And Serum
There are many facial oils in the market known as serums. At the same time, the packaging of both is largely beans. Both come in glass bottles with droppers. This is the reason why there is a lot of confusion among women regarding both the products. To understand the difference between the two, it is important to first understand their usage.
1. First of all, let’s talk about facial oil. Facial oil hydrates and nourishes the skin. At the same time, facial serum is used for skin related problems like wrinkles, acne, redness, fine lines, dullness, dryness, irritation etc.
2. Face serum has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which absorb deeply into the skin and rejuvenate the skin. It is helpful in repairing sun damage along with removing hyper-pigmentation. Also, removes acne and prevents future breakouts.
3. Facial oil protects the skin from changes in the weather. It repairs the skin by providing moisture to the skin. Facial oil provides antioxidants, fatty acids and vitamins to the skin. Its emollient effect makes the skin soft.
4. Facial serum is applied first in the skin care routine. At the same time, facial oil is applied at the end. Facial oil helps prevent the serum from drying out from the skin.
5. Facial serums are expensive as compared to facial oils.
Things to Keep in Mind While Applying Facial Serum
Below are how to apply facial serum, which is as follows:
- Serum acts like a supplement for the skin.
- Serums are always applied by tapping instead of massaging the skin.
- Serum is always applied before moisturizer and facial oil.
- Apply the serum once a day, either in the morning or at night.
Things to Keep in Mind while Applying Facial Oil
What things should be kept in mind while applying facial oil, below are the information related to it:
- According to the need of the skin, take 2-6 drops of facial oil and apply while massaging on the face and neck. If you have oily skin then 2 drops of facial oil will suffice.
- Facial oil is always applied after toner, serum and moisturizer.
- Facial oil should never be applied alone. Because moisturizer is needed on the surface of the skin before applying it.
- Facial oil is applied last in the beauty routine.
- It would be better to apply it at night. Because the skin is repaired during this time.
Hopefully, after reading this article, you must have understood the difference between facial oils and serum. So, the next time you go to buy serums and facial oils, there is no need to get confused. Before taking these two products, definitely pay attention to whether the product you have taken is pregnancy safe or not. While using them, definitely follow the tips given in the article.
- Vitamin C and E Skin Care Products Safe for Pregnant and Nursing Moms
- Benefits of Vitamin C in Skin Care during Pregnancy
- Foaming HandWash for kids