Cooking in Clay Pots: Have you ever had tea in a kulhad on a train or on a roadside tapri? If yes, then you will definitely remember the sweet smell of that kulhad. We are sure that after listening to this, some old memory of you must have been refreshed. What would you say if we told you that you can make the same fragrance a part of your home cuisine as well?
Yes, you can do this, just for this you have to include pottery in your kitchen. We know that earthen pots are a bit heavy and the way of taking care of them and cooking in them is also different but that doesn’t mean you can’t try it. In fact, in today’s time, pottery is also becoming very famous and even many people use earthen pots in their homes. So let us tell you how you can cook delicious food in clay pots.
However, before we start, let us tell you that it is a bit difficult to clean pottery. If you are cooking in an old earthen pot, then it is important for you to know how to clean it. If your pan is new, then for this you should fill water in the vessel at night and put baking soda in it and then in the morning of next day you should clean it with normal water and soft bristle pumice.
If your pan is old then you should fill it with hot water and add one or two tablespoons of baking soda. If you want, you can also add lemon to remove the smell of food coming from it. Let it soak for at least 20 to 30 minutes and then wash it thoroughly with normal water and dry it.
How To Take Care Of Pottery
One of the difficult parts of cooking in clay pots is knowing where to put them after cooking. Many women dry them in the sun before putting them inside. However, there is a very cool trick that works like magic, which is to grease the pan with vegetable oil. For this, put a few drops of oil on the pan and then spread it well on the entire pan and then let it dry with the help of sun rays. After that you can store it. Due to this, the shine of the earthenware remains and its surface also remains smooth.
Tips to Follow if you are Cooking in Clay Pots
- If you like to cook in clay pots, then these tips are going to be very useful for you.
- Never keep a hot earthen pot in a cold place because doing so can break or crack it. You can definitely place it on a heat-resistance pot holder or on a wooden surface.
- You should soak your clay pot in water for at least 10 minutes before cooking.
- Make sure to grease the surface of your earthen pot before cooking.
- You should never use an earthen pot directly on a gas stove.
- Add vegetables and water according to the size of the pot because you do not want the vegetables to come out from the earthen pot.
- If you are using an earthen pot in the oven, never place it after pre-heating as it can break it.
- Actually, earthen pots retain heat and because of this, you can cook the dish in it even after turning off the stove. Because of this, earthen pots are used for making biryani.
You Can Make This Dish in an Earthen Pot
- fruit cobblers
- Baked Potato
- Health and Lifestyle Tips to Take From Bhagyashree for Hypertension
- Yoga Mudra You Can Practice to Get rid of Dry Cough
- Tips to stay fit and Young