During pregnancy, women have to face many skin related problems. One of these is acne, which is caused by changes in hormones in the body. No woman likes acne on her face. But this is such a time in a woman’s life, when she does not have the freedom to use any medicine or any product for acne. If you are also troubled by acne during pregnancy, then it can be overcome with green tea. In this article, you will learn about how green tea is beneficial for acne during pregnancy. Also, will share information related to its use.
Why does Acne Occur in Pregnancy? ( Pimples during Pregnancy)
It is very common to have acne problems in pregnancy. There can be many reasons behind this, which are explained in detail below:
- During pregnancy, there are many fluctuations in the level of hormones in a woman’s body. Because of this, some women have the problem of pimples.
- Some women may have acne hereditary during pregnancy.
- Many times acne can also be caused due to medicines taken during pregnancy.
- Pregnant women have cravings for different things. In such a situation, consuming more junk food and fried food can also cause pimples on the face.
- Some women are very stressed about pregnancy. This is more common in women who become mothers for the first time. Stress is also one of the main causes of pimples.
Green Tea Beneficial for Pregnancy Acne
Green tea is beneficial for acne problems in pregnancy, it has been confirmed in many researches. According to a research available on NCBI, green tea contains a polyphenol compound. It prevents acne by controlling the production of sebum from oily skin. The antibacterial effect present in it prevents the growth of bacteria on the skin.
At the same time, in another research, green tea lotion has been found to be effective for acne. At the same time, the use of green tea during pregnancy is considered safe. On this basis, it would not be wrong to say useful for the problem of pimples in pregnancy.
Tips to Use Green Tea for Pregnancy Acne
Below are the information related to how to use green tea for the problem of pimples in pregnancy:
1. Green Tea Toner
- A spray bottle
- Half a cup of water
- A green tea bag
- Two spoons rose water
- First of all, boil water in a bowl.
- Add green tea to it and boil it for 5 minutes.
- Now filter it when it cools down.
- Add rose water to it and fill it in a spray bottle and store it in the fridge.
- It can be used by cleaning the face twice a day.
2. Aloe Vera and Green Tea
- Half a cup of water
- 1 tsp aloe vera gel
- 1 green tea bag
- Heat a cup of water in a pan.
- Soak a packet of green tea in it.
- When it cools down, add aloe Vera gel to the water.
- Fill it in a glass jar and store it in the fridge.
- Apply it once a day on the face and neck with the help of cotton.
- Wash the face in 15-20 minutes.
Products Containing Green Tea for Acne during Pregnancy
You already know how to use green tea for acne during pregnancy. Apart from this, skin care products containing green tea can also be used. By the way, you will find many products containing green tea for the skin in the market. But they may also contain some substances that are not safe to use in pregnancy.
Before buying a skin care product during pregnancy, definitely consider the ingredients present in it. Below we are giving information about some such products, which are useful for acne prone skin. Also, they are safe to use during pregnancy.
1. Natural Green Tea Face Cream
Produced by The Moms Co Company, the Natural Green Tea Face Cream is formulated with Green Tea, Aloe Vera, Squalene, Niacinamide, Willow Bark. It gives relief from acne and makes the skin glowing. Also prevents the open pores from getting blocked. The company claims that with the use of this cream, 79 percent of women got relief from the problem of acne and 72 percent of women had reduced acne scars.
2. Natural Green Tea Face Wash
It is recommended to use a gel based face wash for oily skin. In such a situation, the natural green tea face wash of ‘The Moms Co’ can be a better option. It controls acne by removing excess oil from the skin. Also this face wash is pregnancy safe and dermatologist tested.
3. Natural Green Tea Face Toner
Toner is considered useful for acne prone skin. Green tea and apple cider vinegar present in it reduces acne by controlling the production of oil on the skin. In addition, it contains aloe Vera and cucumber, which play a helpful role in tightening the pores by exfoliating the skin.
Pimples are happening in pregnancy, so now you do not have to worry about it. Green tea is considered a boon for acne, but before using it, do a patch test once. It may not benefit some women. Hope you liked this article of ours. To get such information related to pregnancy, definitely read our other articles.