If your baby is repeatedly holding or pulling on the ear, do not ignore it. Do you know why he is doing this? Because he may complain of itching or pain in the ear. Itching in baby’s ear occurs when dirt accumulates in his ear. Sometimes this can also happen due to an infection. know Home Remedies for Itchy Ear in Babies.
Sometimes parents are unable to pay attention to these signs of the baby or they do not understand what is the problem with the baby. But, if the problem of itching in the ear of the baby is not taken care of, then later it can cause major ear injury or the problem of deafness. Therefore, parents should not take any kind of carelessness when they see these symptoms.
Today in this article we will talk about this issue. If the baby is holding the ear frequently and is crying while holding the ear, then it means that he has an ear problem. We are sharing with you some home tips including the causes of itchy ears in your baby. With the help of these, you can get rid of the problem of itching in your baby’s ear quickly.
Causes of Itchy Ear in Babies
If your child repeatedly touches the ear and itches in the ear, then there can be many reasons behind it.
1. Rash Around The Ear
Dryness of the skin around the ear can be one of the reasons for itchy ears in the baby. Actually, many times the skin around the ears becomes dry due to change in temperature of children, sitting in the sun for a long time or in AC. In such a situation, the child can touch the ears again and again.
2. Ear Infections
Sometimes the reason behind pulling, groping and itching of ears by babies can be due to infection. Ear infections most commonly occur in children during or immediately after a cold or flu. Sometimes fever may also accompany it.
If the child cries with touching the ears or is irritable and restless. He neither eats nor sleeps properly. All these symptoms point towards an ear infection in the baby. However, in some cases it can also be a symptom of another disease.
Sometimes the reason for pulling or itching in children’s ears can be due to their teeth. This is because the teeth and the nerves around the mouth go to the ears. In such a situation, the child may be forced to touch the ears and do itching in the ears (Itchy Ear in Babies).
4. Eczema Disease
Itching in baby’s ears can be a symptom of eczema (dermatitis). Atopic dermatitis is a very common problem in infants. To avoid this situation, it is said to take special care of the cleanliness of the baby.
If the skin around your baby’s ear is red, dry and swollen, or pus is coming out, it could be a symptom of eczema. If these symptoms are seen in the baby, then the parents should contact the pediatrician without delay.
5. Ear Wax
Earwax is also one of the main reasons for itchy ears in children. These are the dead cells of the ear, which collect in the form of wax in the ear. Sometimes it increases so much that itching starts in the baby’s ear.
If the cause of itching in the child’s ear is dirt, then do not make the mistake of removing it with a cotton swab by mistake. The doctor recommends ear drops for this, from which the earwax itself comes out.
6. Baby’s Curiosity about his Ears
Babies are always groping about the things around them. This includes his own body. As they grow up, they begin to understand the hands and fingers first. Try to get control over them. Sometimes this discovery of his reaches the ears. When this happens, they try to feel the ears again and again.
Being curious is a good thing at this age. In such a situation, parents should talk to the baby and tell that it is their ear. For this, you can play games with them, in which you will ask them about the eyes, nose, lips, ears etc. and they will tell by touching that part.
Home Remedies for Itchy Ear in Babies
In the article above, you learned about the different causes of itching in baby’s ear. For its treatment also it is necessary to know its cause, such as-
- If ear wax is the cause of itching in your baby’s ear, then you can clean the outer part of the ear by soaking a cotton cloth in lukewarm water. Take care not to get water in the ear canal during this time.
- If the child repeatedly touches or itches the ear due to teeth, then sanitize your hands properly. After this, gently rub the baby’s gums with your finger.
- You can use a cold spoon kept in the fridge to soothe the irritation caused in the gums. Cool a clean cloth in the fridge and give it to the baby to chew on. It acts as a home tether.
- The baby is complaining of itching in the ear due to cold, cough or cold. In this case, you can use a humidifier in the baby’s room. Explain that a cool humidifier is a vapor release device.
- If the child has an ear infection, then warm compresses can be done on the upper part of the ear. A few drops of tea tree oil can be applied outside the ear. Massaging the skin around the child’s ear can reduce the pain to some extent.
Preventing itchy Ears in Babies
The following tips may be helpful in preventing itchy ears in children:
- Take care of the cleanliness of the hands of children. Sometimes bacteria can spread in the ear due to dirty hands.
- Clean children’s toys every few days. Often children keep touching their toys on their ears and mouth. Due to this infection in the ears can also complain of itching.
- Do not take the child to dusty places.
- Do not smoke around baby.
- Get your child vaccinated on time.
- Do not do this if you feed the baby while lying on his back. Always feed the baby by sitting a little higher.
Don’t ignore itching in your baby’s ear. Sometimes it can also be a matter of concern. If the child is behaving irritably with itching in the ear or is crying frequently, then without delay refer the child to the ENT specialist. The doctor can find out the cause of the itchy ears in the baby and treat it. Parents need to be alert about every little thing related to the baby.
- 7 Self Care Tips For New Moms To Be A Happy Mom From A Depressed Mom
- What Should a New Mom Skin Care Pyramid Be like?
- Vitamin C Skincare for New Mom