Nowadays the problem of hair fall has become very common. Because the lifestyle and eating habits of people have become such that the problem of hair loss can be faced at any age. But hair fall after delivery (Postpartum Hair loss), this problem becomes a cause of concern for women.
Thousands of questions must arise in the mind of the new mom regarding this postpartum hair loss, will the hair fall back again after getting cured of hair fall? Somewhere this hair fall problem will not reduce their beauty.
After all, why is there a problem like hair fall after delivery? Don’t worry, we will answer similar questions of new moms in this article and also share some home remedies and prevention methods with you so that you can be free from this worry and give full time to your child.
Is it Normal to Have Postpartum Hair Loss
Yes, it is common to have hair fall after delivery. In fact, after the birth of the baby, the mother becomes so busy in taking care of them that she does not have time to focus on herself. Anyway, after becoming a mother, there are many hormonal changes in the body. On top of that, the mother does not have time to eat, drink, sleep and wake up properly, it also affects their body.
Due to all these reasons, women have to deal with the problem of postpartum hair loss. But the good news is that as your child grows up, the black and thick silky hair will start adding back to your beauty as before. Further in the article, why there is a problem of hair loss after delivery, we will know about it in detail.
Causes of Postpartum Hair Loss
You will be surprised to know that the hair of some moms becomes more dark and thick during pregnancy. But the sad thing starts when after a few weeks of delivery, the hair starts falling and it starts thinning. In fact, as the baby develops during pregnancy, the level of new hormones in the body increases and its effect on the hair. In this stage, the level of a hormone called estrogen increases especially, which changes the cycle of hair growth of the mother.
For your information, let us tell you that there is a cycle of hair growth. Hair growth passes through several stages. The first phase is the anagen phase, in which the hair grows naturally. The second stage is the catagen phase. This stage is also called the transitional phase, in this stage the speed of hair growth slows down and the hair follicles become smaller. The third stage is the telogen phase, and it is called the resting stage. In this phase there is no hair growth and hair fall starts. After that the hair that falls out, new hair starts growing in its place.
Normally hair stays in the anagen phase for two to four months. Once it enters the telogen phase, the hair stays in the same position for two to four months. After that the phase of hair fall comes. During the hair growth cycle, it is natural to lose 100 or more hairs each day. After delivery, the hormone goes into the pre-pregnant stage. That is, when the level of estrogen falls, all the cycles of hair growth are completed.
Hair growth enters the resting phase after completing the rest and loss cycle. After staying in that phase, it starts coming out. More than 100 hairs fall in the postpartum hair loss stage. This stage is called telogen effluvium. Due to fluctuations in hormones after delivery, more hair goes into a resting state, and then the force starts falling. Sometimes the reason for hair loss is also anemia in the body. Despite this, hair loss also occurs due to thyroid, this is called postpartum thyroiditis.
Does Postpartum Hair loss last Forever?
Hair loss can become a problem after delivery, but that doesn’t mean it’s gone permanently. With time, the hair will come back, that is, when your baby is about a year old, your hair will also come back to its density. So new moms don’t worry about hair fall after delivery and become thin.
You can try these easy measures to avoid the problem of hair fall of delivery. Due to this, your hair will not fall beyond the limit and will not become thin. Let’s know about those simple tricks.
- Do not tie your hair tightly: Perhaps you do not know that it is not good to tie hair tightly. She becomes weak at the roots. Some people tie their hair with a tight rubber band, roller or clip, don’t make the mistake of doing so.
- Do not use chemical-rich shampoos: These days women use various chemical-rich dyes to get a stylish look. This causes a lot of damage to the hair in its weak state. Always wash hair with herbal shampoo, use of chemical-rich shampoo is strictly prohibited.
- Do not use heating devices in the hair: Women use rollers, heating devices to straighten or frizz hair. This damages the hair fibers.
- Do not comb frequently: Some people have a habit of combing their hair vigorously after every one or two hours. You would think that combing the hair feels like a light brain, but this is not the case, rather the roots are damaged due to combing vigorously. The same type of damage is also caused by combing wet hair.
- Eat nutritious food: After delivery, women often do not take care of food and drink. Their same mistake becomes the cause of hair damage. Because due to this there is a deficiency of vitamins, minerals etc. in the body. That is why when women consume nutritious food during pregnancy, then how much effect it has on hair and skin. Hair and skin get a different glow. On the contrary, after delivery, when she does not take care of food and drink, then the hair not only becomes lifeless, but also starts falling.
- Take Supplements: Often, whatever the women eat after delivery, the amount of vitamins and minerals that the body needs, that deficiency is not fulfilled. Therefore, to meet that deficiency, supplements should be taken after consulting a doctor. Because of the lack of vitamins, minerals, etc., the hair has to face a lot of damage.
- Stay away from stress: The effect of stress at any age or at any stage is fatal for the body. Hair loss occurs due to postpartum depression. Therefore, through meditation or yoga, one should try to get the mind out of depression and stress, otherwise the result can prove to be harmful for health as well as hair in future.
Home Remedies for Postpartum Hair loss
Till now we talked about the causes, prevention etc. of hair fall after delivery. In fact, after 7-8 months, the same hair starts coming, but they lose their luster. So, let us now know what are the things that are easily available at home and using which can bring back the lost luster of hair.
1. Curd – Curd acts as a natural conditioner for the hair. After whisking the curd well and keeping it in the hair for at least 10 minutes, wash it with water. This not only reduces hair fall after pregnancy but also gives a different shine to the hair. You can also include curd in your diet.
2. Amla-Amla is such a herb whose benefits are innumerable. The benefits of amla for hair cannot be denied. It acts like a tonic for hair. Put amla in coconut oil and heat it a little. After that massage this amla oil well on the scalp. After that wash the hair thoroughly with herbal shampoo.
3. Fenugreek seeds- Soak fenugreek seeds overnight. Next day in the morning, apply it in the hair and keep it for 1-2 hours. It also works like a medicine for dandruff.
4. Hair Massage- Massage the oil which you use to apply in the hair, heating it and applying it to the hair for 8-10 minutes, this will improve the circulation of blood in the scalp and hair problems will be reduced. If you do not like to apply oil, then massage the scalp with the tips of the fingers in the same way.
5. Bhringraj oil- This oil has been used for centuries to reduce hair related problems. Warm the Bhringraj oil and apply it while massaging it well in the scalp.
- Moisturizer For Postpartum Oily Skin
- Home Remedies for Heat Rashes in Babies
- Interesting Facts About Newborn Baby Skin and Hair
- Homemade Shampoo for Postpartum Hair Loss
By now you must have understood that there is no need to worry much about the problem of hair fall after delivery. Neither does hair fall due to breast feeding, nor is the incident of hair fall permanent. With time your baby will also start blooming like a flower and your hair will also return to its former state. You just need to take some precautions and be happy.