Pav Bhaji is such a dish, which is eaten by all big and small with great fervor. Then whether it is about breakfast or evening snacks. Although pav bhaji is the most famous of Mumbai, but now it has become popular in almost every part of India. It is available in every small and big restaurant from street corner to handcart. And the special thing is that along with being tasty, it is nutritious and light to eat. That’s why it gets digested quickly. If you too are tired of eating ghee parathas, pooris, poha daily, then include pav bhaji in your breakfast. Yes, you can easily make this delicious Pav Bhaji dish prepared in vegetable mash, butter and spices at home. Today we are telling you the method of making pav bhaji in an easy and special way, with the help of which you can make market-like pav bhaji recipe sitting at home.
Pav Bhaji Recipe – Recipe to Make Pav Bhaji at Home
Pav Bhaji Ingredients
The method of making Pav Bhaji at home is very easy because in this you have to make only Bhaji at home, it does not require much ingredients to make it. Very tasty Pav Bhaji can be prepared by using vegetables available at home. If you also want to make pav bhaji masala recipe at home, then you will need the following ingredients.
To make Pav Bhaji you need
- medium sized potatoes -3
- Green peas – 3/4 cup
- Finely chopped green chili – 2
- Onion finely chopped -1
- Finely chopped tomatoes – 3
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 1/3 cup
- Finely chopped capsicum – 1/3 cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder (Kashmiri) – 1.5 tsp
- Pav Bhaji Masala – 1.5 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Butter – 4 tbsp
- food color – 1 pinch (optional)
- Dry Fenugreek (Kasoori Methi) – 1 tsp
How to Make Pav Bhaji
Mouth watering just after hearing the name of Pav Bhaji. Pav Bhaji is a delicious combination of mashed vegetables and spices. Which everyone likes to taste. If you are a street food lover then pav bhaji will surely be one of your favorite food. But why go out and eat pav bhaji every time when you can taste it sitting at home. Well, everyone has their own different way of making Pav Bhaji. But today we are telling you about the easy way to make pav bhaji recipe that too step by step.
- First of all, peel the potatoes and peas and boil them with half a cup of water in a cooker on medium flame for 4-5 whistles.
- After cooling, take out the potatoes and peas in a bowl and mash it well.
- Now heat a pan on the gas and heat it by adding 2 tablespoons of butter, if you want, you can add some oil along with the butter.
- Now add green chilies and onions and cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add garlic paste and cook it for half a minute so that its rawness comes out.
- Then add capsicum to it and mix it well and fry for 1 minute so that the capsicum gets cooked in the onion.
- Now add spices to it, first add turmeric powder and then Kashmiri red chili powder, mix it well and let it cook for a while.
- Then put tomatoes in it, add a little salt to cook the tomato quickly. And cook it well for 6-7 minutes.
- At this time, if you want, you can add a pinch of food color to it so that the color of the bhaji becomes good.
- Lower the flame of the gas and now add the mixture of mashed potatoes and peas and mix all the things well.
- Now add pav bhaji masala and salt as per taste and mix it well, keep in mind that we had added salt earlier, so now add some salt only.
- After this, add half a cup of water to it and mash the bhaji well with a masher. Then add kasoori fenugreek and green coriander to it and mix it well.
- To keep the texture right, add some water to it and cook on low flame for 6-7 minutes.
- During this, keep mashing the bhaji continuously. The more you mash, the better will be the texture of the bhaji.
- Add garam masala and butter to it, mix and turn off the gas.
- Finally, to temper the pav bhaji, heat the butter on the pan and add a pinch of Kashmiri chili to it and then add the bhaji to it and mix. With this, the color of pav bhaji will be good and the taste will also double.
- First of all, cut the pav in half.
- Now heat a non stick tava (griddle) and put 1 tbsp butter in it and put some chopped coriander leaves on it.
- Now place the pav on it and bake it on medium flame from both the sides.
How to Serve Pav Bhaji
There is a saying that what looks good looks good to eat. That is why it is very important to garnish any dish. To serve Pav Bhaji, first take out some bhaji in a bowl and put some finely chopped onion, green coriander and butter on top of the bhaji. Serve with lemon and pav on the side. If you want, you can also keep salad and green chutney along with it.
So friends here you know how to make pav bhaji at home, that too Mumbai style pav bhaji recipe, how to make pav bhaji like market. So when you have come to know how to make pav bhaji at home, then try pav bhaji recipe today.