Poha is one such dish, which is very tasty to eat and is also very easy to make. Poha is specially made for breakfast. By the way, Poha is the most famous dish of Ujjain and Indore. It is also very much liked in Maharashtra. But looking at its taste, Poha is becoming very much liked in UP and Bihar too. It is also very easy to make it in the morning. Its special thing is that it does not take much time to make poha. Apart from this, you can make Poha even more delicious by adding ingredients of your choice. Once you know the method of making Poha correctly, then you will want to make it again and again. We have brought here the recipe for making poha for you. Seeing this, you will want to make only poha in breakfast every morning.
To know how to make poha, first of all, it is very important for you to know the ingredients that are required to be put in poha. Know what you need in the ingredients for making Poha. Here we are telling you the ingredients to make Poha for 1 person.
ingredients to Make Poha
– 1 cup poha
– 1 tsp oil
– 1/4 tsp asafoetida
– 1 tsp mustard
– cup finely chopped onion
– 10-12 curry leaves
– 1 whole red chili
– 1 small finely chopped potato
– half tsp turmeric
– salt as per taste
– 1 tsp finely chopped green chili (if desired)
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– 1 tbsp green coriander
– Half cup roasted peanuts
See More: Pasta Recipe
How to Make Poha Recipe
1. First of all, put the poha in a big sieve and clean it with water. Keep in mind that the poha does not have to be soaked in water. So let it remain in the strainer.
2. Now put oil in a pan. Add asafoetida, mustard seeds, curry leaves, onions and whole red chilies to it.
3. When the onions become light golden in color, then add potatoes to it. When the potatoes become light golden in colour, add turmeric to it.
4. Fry the potatoes on low flame only. Keep in mind that the potatoes should be completely cooked.
5. Now increase the flame. Add salt and poha to it, mix well and fry lightly.
6. After lightly roasting, turn off the gas and add green chili, lemon juice, peanuts and some green coriander on top and mix it well.
7. Your Poha is ready.
8. Take out the poha in a bowl and garnish it with the remaining green coriander and serve hot.
See More: Gulab Jamun Recipe
Some FAQs related to Poha
Q1. What is Poha of made?
Ans: Poha is made by soaking rice.
Q2. What is poha called in Hindi?
Ans: Poha is called Chivda in Hindi.
Q3. Where is Poha famous?
Ans: Poha is most famous in Ujjain, Indore and Maharashtra.
See More: Butter Chicken Recipe
Request: If you like Poha Recipe, then do share Facebook, WhatsApp and any social media platform and Friends.