Sudden cardiac arrest in youth is not common, but today many such cases are coming to the fore. Many young, healthy looking people under the age of 25 in our country die of sudden cardiac arrest every year. In this way, leaving the world at a young age leaves a bad impression on his family and acquaintances as well as on us common people. But there are ways to recognize such risk factors that can help prevent sudden cardiac arrest and heart attack. Let us know about the important information related to sudden cardiac arrest and heart attack from Dr. Aparna Jaswal (Director, Cardiac Pacing and Electrophysiology, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute).
What is Sudden Cardiac Arrest?
Sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) occurs without any signs, due to which our heart stops completely. It is caused by an irregular heartbeat resulting from an electrical fault that prevents the heart from pumping blood throughout the body. Sudden cardiac arrest can prove to be fatal if this type of case is not treated within minutes.
What are the Warning Signs of Sudden Cardiac Arrest?
Healthy young people usually do not have any injury or medical cause of sudden cardiac arrest that is known to the patient or family. Some young people who have had sudden cardiac arrest may first experience heart-related symptoms, such as shortness of breath, chest pain, or fainting. In most sudden cardiac arrest cases, the victims never showed any signs of heart problems.
When can Sudden Cardiac Arrest Occur?
Sudden cardiac arrest is considered a leading cause of death in young athletes, but it also affects young people who are not involved in such sports. This can happen during exercise in the gym, during running, or during rest or even during sleep.
Ways to help prevent Sudden Cardiac Arrest
Here are some steps you can take to reduce the risk of sudden cardiac arrest in young people.
- Young people should visit the doctor regularly for checkups.
- If there is a medical history of sudden cardiac arrest in one’s family then they should be more careful.
- Exercise should be done regularly. Not sometimes and more exercise should be done.
- A healthy lifestyle should be followed.
- Don’t take too much stress.
- Home Remedies to Get Treatment for Cracked Heels
- Causes of Eating Disorder in Teenage
- Body Detoxifying Tips You Should Follow after Festive Season