Being a mother is not as easy as people think. From the first day of pregnancy and for the whole nine months, every day is very challenging for the pregnant. Post pregnancy hair loss after delivery is one of such problems (Homemade Shampoo for Postpartum Hair Loss). After giving birth to a child, this problem starts due to the fall in the level of estrogen hormones in the body of women. But there is no need to worry about it.
In this article, we are going to tell you about homemade shampoos to get rid of the problem of hair fall after delivery. These shampoos are natural and you can easily prepare them at home. So let’s know about the method and type of homemade shampoo to reduce hair loss after delivery.
Causes of Hair fall After Delivery
During pregnancy, the levels of the hormones estrogen, progesterone, oxytocin and prolactin increase in a woman’s body. This is the reason why women’s hair fall is very less during pregnancy.
At the same time, the level of estrogen and progesterone hormones in the woman’s body drops sharply after delivery. Because of this, the problem of hair fall has to be faced. However, this happens only for 6 to 8 months. Hair fall automatically reduces once the hormones return to normal levels.
Homemade Shampoo for Postpartum Hair Loss
Below are some homemade shampoos to control the problem of hair fall after delivery, which are as follows:
1. Fenugreek Seed and Shikakai Shampoo
- 20 grams shikakai
- 20 grams reetha
- 2 tbsp fenugreek seeds
- 4 cups water
Method of making:
- Let the water boil in a pot.
- When the water is hot, mix all the ingredients in it.
- Let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off the flame.
- After cooling, filter it and store it in a glass bottle.
How is it Beneficial?
Shikakai contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin D as well as many antioxidants. All these properties work to keep the hair healthy and nourish it. In addition, it contains high amounts of alkaloids, due to which it is considered useful for cleaning hair.
At the same time, if we talk about fenugreek seeds, in a research, it has been clearly described as useful for the problem of hairfall. The phytoestrogen (promoting estrogen hormone) effect present in its extract is said to be useful behind this. In such a situation, shikakai and fenugreek shampoo can be considered beneficial to overcome the problem of postpartum hair fall.
2. Shikakai and Amla Shampoo
- 1/2 bowl amla powder
- 1 bowl reetha powder
- 1/2 bowl shikakai
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
Method of making:
- Put 4 glasses of water in a pan and keep it warm.
- When the water starts boiling, add all the ingredients in it.
- After about 15 minutes the mixture starts to thicken, then turn off the flame.
- Now filter it and store it in a glass jar.
- Shampoo for hair wash is ready.
How is it Beneficial?
The benefits of Shikakai for hair have been mentioned above in the article. Talking about Amla, in Ayurveda it has been described as a medicine for hair. It has the ability to make hair thicker and thicker. In many researches, it has been described as a hair fall tonic.
- Moisturizer For Postpartum Oily Skin
- Home Remedies for Heat Rashes in Babies
- Interesting Facts About Newborn Baby Skin and Hair
Tips to Prevent Postpartum Hair Fall
To prevent hair fall after childbirth, it is important to keep some things in mind along with using the natural shampoos given in the article, which are given below:
- Apply oil on the scalp regularly. This improves blood circulation in the scalp. Also the hair can be stronger from the roots.
- Avoid tying the hair tightly.
- Take care of diet. Include foods rich in calcium, protein, zinc, iron, vitamin-D, vitamin-C, vitamin-A in the diet.
- Avoid using hair dryer and iron on the hair.
- Do not use any kind of chemical products.
- Keep yourself away from stress.
- Keep away from hair colour, smoothing, rebounding, keratin etc.
In this article, you learned about homemade shampoos, which can help reduce postpartum hair fall to a great extent. These shampoos tend to lather less than chemical based shampoos. But that doesn’t mean your hair won’t be clean. It cleans the dirt from the hair naturally. By following the other tips given in the article along with their regular use, the problem of hair fall can be reduced to a great extent.