Seasonal changes, infections, and especially during the winter season, cough and cold are common. But sometimes due to cough, the problem of mucus (phlegm) starts increasing. Throat and nose glands produce at least 1 to 2 liters of mucus in a day. Having an excessive amount of mucus or phlegm can be a troublesome problem. Mucus is a kind of thick and viscous fluid (balgam kya hota hai), which causes a feeling of tightness in the throat or chest (Ayurvedic Treatment For Mucus).
This not only affects the respiratory system, but can also cause problems in other organs associated with it. Sometimes, when the problem gets worse, there is also pain in the chest and throat. In such a situation, it is important that you treat the mucus in time, which can remove the phlegm from the body. Here we are going to tell you today the causes of mucus formation and Ayurvedic treatment of mucus, with the help of which you can get rid of this problem as soon as possible.
Cause to Mucus Formation
Although mucus is a healthy part of your respiratory system, it causes problems when it becomes either thin or thick. In such a situation it becomes very important to get it out of the body. There are many reasons for the formation of phlegm in the body. Here we are telling you about the cause of excessive mucus formation (balgam banne ke karan) –
Cold or Flu
When a person has a cold or flu, thin mucus builds up in the nose and throat during this time. But when the body starts reacting to the virus, this mucus turns into a thick yellow color.
Bronchitis is a problem that is caused by a bacterial or viral infection, it can cause inflammation, irritation, etc. in the respiratory tract and lungs.
Pneumonia is a disease caused by infection. In pneumonia, the person suffering from pneumonia gets an infection in the lungs. Symptoms of pneumonia include fever, chest congestion, etc.
Yes, the hormone estrogen during pregnancy is also known to produce mucus and make it thicker or thinner.
Consuming these Foods
There are also some foods, due to which the mucus starts to become more. For example, milk or milk products start making more mucus in the throat. That is why if someone is coughing, then he is especially forbidden to consume curd and butter. Apart from this, rice, urad, butter, non-veg, salt, sugar and soy etc. also work to increase mucus.
Whenever there is a change in the weather, the problem of seasonal allergies is seen in some people. During this, symptoms like burning in the eyes, cough, mucus in the throat, cold or fever start appearing.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Mucus
If there is a problem of mucus, taking allopathic medicine can cause side effects. Instead, Ayurvedic medicines or home remedies may be more beneficial. The problem of phlegm (mucus) can be removed with many home remedies. So let’s know about the Ayurvedic treatment of mucus.
Molasses in Mucus
The consumption of jaggery is considered very beneficial for the body. If you have a problem of phlegm or mucus, then definitely consume jaggery. Because the effect of jaggery is hot, due to which it helps in reducing phlegm. If you want, you can suck ginger juice by adding jaggery or you can use jaggery in the decoction.
Ginger in Mucus
Antioxidants present in ginger clear the toxins accumulated in the throat and respiratory tract and help in expelling phlegm. Eating a little salt with a piece of ginger doubles its benefits and provides instant relief from the problem of phlegm or mucus.
Ayurvedic oil in Mucus
Yes, the benefits of certain types of oil have been told in Ayurveda to remove mucus. Such as peppermint, cinnamon, rosemary, oregano, basil and eucalyptus oils. While taking steam, you put a few drops of these oils in hot water, this will loosen the mucus (balgam nikalne ka tarika) accumulated in the throat and chest and will come out easily.
Black Pepper in Mucus
Black pepper is also known as the King of Spice. Because it has anti-bacterial properties, it protects the body from diseases. If you are also suffering from phlegm and mucus for a long time, then by consuming sugar candy and black pepper, you get rid of this problem. They are used as medicine in Ayurveda to get rid of Kapha.
Gargle with Rock Salt water for Mucus
Rock salt is very beneficial for you. Rock salt can destroy the harmful bacteria stored in the mouth and it also treats phlegm as well as takes care of your oral health. Gargling with a pinch of salt in warm water also provides relief to the throat. Many problems of throat infection can be cured with this remedy.
Drink Plenty of Water
If you want to get rid of the problem of Kapha as soon as possible, then keep your body hydrated. According to Ayurveda, drinking plenty of water and fluids can help in diluting the phlegm accumulated in the throat when there is a problem of mucus and phlegm.
Apple Cider Vinegar in Mucus
Apple cider vinegar has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that slow down the process of phlegm or mucus formation. Drinking 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with warm water or tea throughout the day will help loosen mucus, which will reduce congestion and sinus pressure. If you want, you can drink it by adding lemon and honey for taste.
Throat Mucus Treatment
Cold and cough is a common disease. Due to the changing weather, coughing leads to the problem of mucus in the throat. Coughing causes sore throat, swelling of the throat, and mucus build-up in the throat. To get rid of this problem, people take different types of medicines, but often the effect is temporary. So if you always have a cough due to mucus in the throat, then some home remedies are beneficial. These home remedies not only treat mucus in the throat (balgam kaise nikale) but also help in getting rid of cough and other body problems. These remedies do not cause any harm to the body. So let’s know about the home remedies for treating mucus in the throat (balgam ka ilaj).
- Boil a piece of ginger, a pinch of cinnamon powder in a cup of water. When hot, filter it and add honey to it and drink it.
- Mixing one spoon of honey in one spoon of onion juice and taking it on an empty stomach every morning will provide relief in throat mucus.
- Boil 4-5 cloves in a cup of water. After filtering the water, add half a lemon and a spoonful of honey to it and drink it.
- Gargling is very beneficial to get rid of phlegm. For this, heat a glass of water, add two to three pinches of salt to it, now gargle with it. Gargling both in the morning and in the evening can help you get rid of phlegm within a few days.
- Boil 3-4 cloves of garlic and half a teaspoon of turmeric in a glass of milk. Filter it and drink it every night before sleeping.
- Boil half a teaspoon of honey powder and 8-10 basil leaves in a cup of water. Drink it as tea instead of hot.
- Open the mouth of raw turmeric and put it in the throat and sit silent for some time. After going slowly in the throat, you will start seeing the benefits automatically.
- Roast the alum on the pan. Making its powder and consuming it regularly with jaggery is beneficial.
- Grind some black peppercorns well and add a spoonful of honey to it. Heat this paste for 15 to 20 seconds and then drink it. You will feel very light after drinking this.
Chest Mucus Treatment
Due to cold or cough, mucus often reaches the chest along with the throat. Due to this, there is difficulty in breathing or there is a feeling of congestion in the chest. In this problem, treatment should be started in time, otherwise it can prove to be very risk later on. Here we are telling you some such Ayurvedic remedies, with the help of which mucus in the chest can be treated.
- Put 4-5 garlic cloves in mustard oil and heat it. Before sleeping, massage the soles of the feet and chest with this hot oil.
- Cut the onion finely, now grind it well. After this, add the juice of one lemon to it, then boil both in a bowl of water. After boiling well, you can drink it with a spoon of honey.
- Mix equal quantity of lentils and sesame seeds and fry them. Make its powder and take one spoon with lukewarm water in the morning and evening.
- If you want, you can also drink black lemon tea, because the citric acid present in lemon helps in removing phlegm.
- Ginger and honey are both beneficial for treating mucus in the throat or chest. For this, grind the ginger according to the most need and add two to three spoons of honey to it.
- Eat this paste two to three times a day.
- Putting mint oil in hot water and taking steam from it, the phlegm accumulated in the chest can be removed.
- For the (Ayurvedic) treatment of mucus in the chest, you can heat a hot bottle or pan and put a cloth on it and keep it on the chest for a few minutes. It reduces the tightness of the chest.
- Best Alternative of Milk for Lactose Intolerant
- Health Benefits of Eating Cloves Daily in Morning
- How to Prevent Water Retention in The Body
Mucus Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Q1. How to remove mucus from lungs?
Ans: Naturopathy can be taken to remove mucus from the lungs. In Naturopathy, in addition to Kunjal Kriya, can be relieved by relieving the lungs by Lapa method and steam procedures.
Q2. How to get rid of mucus instantly?
Ans: Use a nozzle spray and drink fluids to get rid of mucus quickly. With this, do not try to suppress the phlegm, but take it out.