Weight gain in pregnancy is natural, but the problem is that it doesn’t stop even after delivery. After giving birth to a child, most women accumulate fat on their stomach, butt and hips. This unwanted fat spoils the entire shape of the woman’s body. If you are also thinking of getting fit after delivery then this article is of your use. In this article, we are telling about some exercises to tone the Thai after delivery.
When Should I Start Exercising after Delivery?
Generally, women are advised to start light exercise after 6 weeks of delivery. But if there is a caesarean delivery, then do not show any haste in exercising and doing household chores. The first six months after a C-section, doctors ask you to take rest to recover from it. Consult a doctor 10 weeks after the operation. The doctor will tell you whether you should exercise or not only after examining your physical condition and muscles.
Exercises to Tone Thai after Delivery
If you are troubled by the fat stored on the thighs after pregnancy, then with regular practice of the exercises mentioned below, they can be brought back in shape. However, before doing these, do consult your doctor once. Apart from this, if you feel dizzy or any kind of tension while doing any exercise, then stop immediately. Let us know about the exercises to bring Thai in shape after delivery.
Doing lunges exercises helps in getting Thai tone. It is beneficial for making the lower part of the body strong. By doing this exercise regularly, the legs get strength. Along with this, this exercise also provides relief in low back pain.
How to do Lunges:
- To do lunges, first stand up straight.
- Keep your hands on the waist.
- After this, take the left foot outwards.
- Now bend your body in such a way that a 90 degree angle is formed from the knee.
- Remain in this position for 5 seconds.
- Now stand back straight.
- Do the same process with the other leg.
- Do this for about 15 times with both the legs, thus one set will be completed.
- In this way you have to do 3-4 sets.
Squats are one of the easiest and most effective exercises. By the way, doing this strengthens the overall body. But most of all it affects the muscles of the thighs and hips. In this way, doing squats can be beneficial to tone the Thai after delivery.
How to do squats:
- First of all stand straight.
- Now put your hands in front.
- Now sit on the back keeping the waist straight.
- During this, your position should be such that you sit on a chair.
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds and then come back to the normal position.
- Keep in mind that you have to use your lower body while doing this exercise.
Side Leg Exercise
You can also make side leg exercises a part of your workout routine to tone postpartum thighs. This exercise tones the muscles of the thighs and hips.
How to do Side Legs:
- Lay a mat. Now take the left side.
- Keep one hand under the head and the other on the waist for sport.
- raise your legs while exhaling
- Now inhale and come back to the first position.
- Do this 10 times. Then repeat this exercise with the other leg as well.
Walk to Tone Thai After Delivery
Six weeks after giving birth, include going for a walk in your routine. Make time to go for walks both in the morning and in the evening. This is the easiest way to lose weight and tone your thighs. If you have to go to the doctor or go to get some things around the house, then go for it by walking instead of bike, car or rickshaw.
In this article, you learned about the exercises to be done to tone the Thai after delivery. However, it would be better to do these exercises only after consulting a doctor and under the supervision of an expert.