Every woman has a lot of confusion about whether it is safe to do manicure and pedicure during pregnancy. This is also inevitable, because during pregnancy, women are forbidden from many types of beauty treatments. At the same time, there are many chemicals in the products used in manicure and pedicure, so it is natural for pregnant women to worry about this topic.
Pregnancy is a very delicate period and during this time the pregnant cannot take any kind of carelessness. In such a situation, today in this article, we have brought information about whether manicure and pedicure can be done during pregnancy or not. Then let’s start the article.
Is it Safe to do Manicure and Pedicure during Pregnancy
The expectant mother would be surprised to know that manicure and pedicure during pregnancy is safe. It can be helpful in relieving your stress as well as improving blood circulation. Especially if the pregnant has pain or swelling in the legs due to baby weight in the third trimester, then getting a pedicure can be beneficial. Actually, foot massage is done during pedicure, which improves blood circulation and reduces swelling to a great extent. However, during this time they need to take some precautions keeping in mind the safety of the baby, which we will talk about later in the article.
Manicure and Pedicure Precautions During Pregnancy
What things should be kept in mind while getting manicure and pedicure during pregnancy, below are sharing information related to it:
1. Choose a salon where hygiene is taken care of. Because even though it is safe to have manicures and pedicures, the tools used for this procedure are used for many people. Because of this, if these devices are not sterilized properly, then the risk of infection to the pregnant is high. It can have a bad effect on the health of both the mother and the baby.
2. Some such chemicals and perfumes are spread in the air in the beauty products used in the salon. The ventilation of the salon should be good to avoid coming in contact with them. Pregnant women have a sharper sense of smell. If the ventilation of the salon is not good, they may complain of nausea etc.
3. Always make an appointment with a salon that is licensed and has a good track record. Where cleanliness is taken care of. The equipment used in the process of beauty treatments is properly sterilized.
4. Eat something while doing pedicure and manicure. This can prevent chemicals from accidentally entering the body.
5. Report your pregnancy to the salon. With this, they will not use toxic products and will take special precautions.
6. Pregnant women should always take a look at the ingredients of the products used for pedicures and manicures. Note that it does not contain any such ingredients that prove to be harmful for you.
7. If there is any kind of injury or cut on the hands or feet of the pregnant, then avoid going to the salon. This makes the chances of getting an infection higher.
Does Pedicure Induce Labor
Some people say that getting a pedicure can induce labor. The reason for this is considered to be the massage in the feet during pedicure. Because while massaging, there are some pressure points under the feet and in the ankles, which can trigger labor. However, no research confirms this. It is just considered a myth. However, you can refuse to massage the pedicure under the feet and around the ankles.
Tips for Manicure and Pedicure at Home during Pregnancy
If you are afraid of getting manicures and pedicures outside during pregnancy, then below are some tips, with the help of which you can do it at home:
- Mix equal amounts of brown sugar and olive oil.
- Now massage it on the fingers of your hands and feet.
- Put some body wash in a tub full of lukewarm water and soak your hands and feet in it.
Wipe hands and feet with a towel.
- Now apply cuticle softener cream around the nails of the hands and feet.
- After this, slowly push the cuticles with the help of cuticles pusher. Do not make any pressure during this.
- File the nails of the hands and feet and apply lotion.
So in this article you learned about whether manicure and pedicure are safe during pregnancy or not. Along with this, what precautions should be taken by the pregnant while getting it done, it was also told about it. The article also describes how a pregnant woman should do pedicure and manicure at home. Hope you liked the information given by us in the article. Happy and safe pregnancy.
- Best Pregnancy Announcements Ideas
- Best Baby Wipes for Newborn
- These Ingredient in Sunscreen is Not Safe For Babies